Dodge RAM 1500 GVM Upgrade
Upgrade your Dodge RAM 1500 from factory 3450kg to 3950kg GVM -or- 3795kg GVM -or- 3535kg GVM
DODGE RAM 1500, DODGE RAM 1500 EXPRESS, DODGE RAM 1500 LARAMIE, DODGE RAM 1500 WARLOCK - GVM UPGRADE 3950KG SSM LOVELLS - GVM UPGRADE 3795KG BAM 10% QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT & MAIN ROADS (TMR) APPROVED - GVM UPGRADE 3535KG BAM LS11 QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT & MAIN ROADS (TMR) APPROVED
DODGE RAM 1500 GVM UPGRADE OVERVIEW & OPTIONS
|BUILD DATA||OE GVM||NEW GVM||SSM APPROVED||REAR AXLE||QLD LS11||WHEEL UPGRADE||KIT|
|DODGE RAM DS 1500 GEN4||3450KG||3535KG||NO||1770KG||YES||NOT REQUIRED||BAM|
|DODGE RAM DS 1500 GEN4||3450KG||3795KG||NO||2115KG||YES||REQUIRED||BAM|
|DODGE RAM DS 1500 GEN4||3450KG||3950KG||YES||2180KG||YES||REQUIRED||LOVELLS|
|*excludes RAM 1500 with factory with Electronic air Suspension Systems.|
DODGE RAM DS 1500 GVM UPGRADE - SUMMARY AND OPTIONS
The Dodge RAM 1500 Express, Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie and Dodge RAM 1500 Warlock approval has been attained and can be increased to 3535KG GVM, 3795kg GVM & 3950KG GVM for Queensland registered vehicles. The 3950KG GVM is available for pre-registered vehicles as an SSM upgrade. The Dodge RAM GVM upgrade to 3795kg can be upgraded from our Brisbane based Production Facility. Vehicles are retro-fitted with 2 inch (50mm) raised suspension. Lift is subject on weights and location of any accessories fitted.
The RAM GVM upgrade consists of heavy duty shock absorbers, replacement coil springs, appropriate decals, compliance or modification plate, certificate and a revised axle capacity plate. The RAM 1500 GVM upgrade will improve vehicle comfort and stability.
Whether your vehicle is for work or leisure it is crucial to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines when it comes to the GVM capacity. The GVM is the maximum that a vehicle can legally weigh; this includes the vehicle chassis and body, accessories such as bullbars and winches, the weight of the vehicles occupants, fuel and personal equipment.
If your vehicle exceeds the maximum GVM then your vehicle is unroadworthy, unsafe and will not meet insurance requirements. This is an issue for a privately owned vehicles and an issue for fleet vehicles. Queenland vehicle owners need protection from claims for OH&S breaches and negligence claims. The solution to increase payload on the Dodge Ram 1500 is to upgrade the GVM at BAM Garage Brisbane.
FIRSTLY, SELECT THE KIT TYPE
- There are two makes of GVM upgrades available for the Dodge DS 1500
- There are three GVM upgrades available for the Dodge DS 1500
- 3535KG - BAM
- 3795KG - BAM
- 3950KG - LOVELLS
- Wheel / rim upgrade must be performed unless you select the smallest GVM (3535KG GVM upgrade)
- If you choose the Lovells GVM upgrade this is carried out with full SSM approval.
- If upgraded before first registration the vehicle is issued with a Federal Compliance which can be viewed on the RAV online website (register of approved vehicles).
- There are no limitations with this pre-registration upgrade, it can be registered in any state.
- GVM upgrade can also be performed post-registration with the Lovells kit for those with in-service vehicles.
- If you choose the BAM GVM upgrade this is carried out with a Queensland Government modification certificate and Queensland Government modification plate.
- This is upgrade is only available for Queensland registered vehicles.
- This GVM upgrade has been developed under the legislation of Queensland Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
DODGE RAM 1500 MY19 - FACTORY TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD VEHICLE, UNMODIFIED)
|DODGE RAM 1500 EXPRESS - V8 PETROL||DODGE RAM 1500 EXPRESS - V8 PETROL||DODGE RAM 1500 LARAMIE - V8 PETROL||DODGE RAM 1500 LARAMIE - V8 PETROL|
|WHEELS||ALLOY 20"||ALLOY 20"||ALLOY 20"||ALLOY 20"|
REQUIREMENTS TO PLACE AN ORDER
QUEENSLAND REGISTERED VEHICLES (OR) PRE-REGISTRATION VEHICLES THAT ARE INTENDED TO BE REGISTERED IN QUEENSLAND.
- Copy of registration certificate - must show full engine number. These are no longer posted to you, it may need to be requested online.
- Image front of vehicle
- Image side of vehicle
- Image rear of vehicle
- Image current odometer reading
- Image of the vehicle compliance plate
- End user name
- End user address (not a PO box)
- $1,000.00 deposit
- Is old suspension to be disposed of? There is no resale value on OEM suspension and it cannot be used as spare parts as it will deem your upgrade as non-compliant until GVM certified parts are re-fitted. If your old suspension has already been lifted but is more than 3 years old or 60,000km you likely will find it difficult to get a worthwhile resale
- Are there any future plans for additional front axle constant loads (i.e. bullbar or winch). It is suggested to be fitted whilst we are carrying out the upgrade (or prior to). This is so the front spring platform height can be adjusted correctly. Altering the spring platform height at a later date can be costly. This is not relevant if vehicle already has bullbar / winch, in which case answer not applicable.
- Does vehicle have airbags fitted to the rear axle? Depending on vehicle current ride height these may be too short & not re-usable. If yes, are we to replace, reuse or decomission?
- If vehicle does not have a true 2 inch lift already fitted the airbags will be too short and not salvagable
- Warning: if airbags are over 18months old they are not suggested to be re-used as the airbag will have moulded into shape with the old coil spring which can result in leakage. In some examples the airbags are impossible to remove from the old coil due to swelling. This applies to both light duty and heavy duty airbags. There is no warranty provided for leakage post-recycling as per these age suggestions.
- Always check with your insurance company as some do not cover a vehicle at all that has bellows airbags fitted
- Provide in detail how you heard or found out about BAM Garage
- Change of particulars form to be lodged with Queensland Transport & Main Roads / TMR - (provided by BAM Garage).
- Notify your insurance company of the upgrade. It should not affect your premium, under the rare condition that it does it may be worth looking at a different insurance provider.
- Suspension to be retensioned within 0,500km. (0.5 hour labour charge applies).